Super Fly Crunchy Salad
1 pack Superfly seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp neutral oil (vegetable, grapeseed, avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Yields approximately 1 cup of dressing
10 wonton skins
- 4 tbsp neutral oil
- 5-6 cups of chopped romaine heart leaves
- (2 small or 1 large romaine head, outer leaves peeled, using just the inner crunchy core)
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup picked mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup store bought fried shallots
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds slivers
Add all ingredients for Superfly dressing in a mason jar or vessel of choice, Shake well and set aside.
- Preheat a small pan with 4 tbsp of neutral oil. Fry wonton skins until golden. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
Add all chopped vegetables, herbs, fried shallots and toasted almonds in a mixing bowl.
Toss well with ¼ cup of dressing. Add more if needed.
Assemble the salad similar to a lasagna starting with the fried wonton skins. Lay a few fried wontons on a plate, Add tossed salad, another layer of fried wontons and finally topping with more salad.
Garnish with additional shallots, almonds and and/or leftover wonton skins.
Serve immediately. Leftover prepared salad will not keep well. Dressing can be stored for up to 7 days.
Back to Hi Note Hacks